AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 17, 2009, 02:42:52 AM
66789 Posts in 6795 Topics by 1759 Members
Latest Member: fillogirl
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  Radio, TV and Video Production
| | |-+  Radio imaging with Adobe Audition newbie help needed
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Radio imaging with Adobe Audition newbie help needed  (Read 1260 times)
« on: August 16, 2008, 01:08:37 AM »
hypuk Offline

Hi Guys
I'm new to the forums as well as Adobe Audition.

I apologise if this has been posted before but I want to get into radio/audio imaging, I've purchased Adobe Audition 3.0 and at the moment waiting for my USB microphone to arrive (C01U USB)

Can anyone advise me on how to start of with just a simple audio clip for example "Playing you the Best in 80s 90s and now" with some cool audio fx? or point me i the right direction? even a simple template created in Adobe Audition would be a great help.

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Mark
Reply #1
« on: August 18, 2008, 06:56:00 PM »
Randy Lahey Offline

Hey Mark, the first thing that you are going to need is sound effects and music beds.  Zips and Zaps and different stingers. 
You can purchase them on-line from a million different retailers, of course, some are better than others.  Also Radiodaddy.com is a site I like, and they have a section where people post sound effects and royalty free beds and stuff and it's all free.  But...you get what you pay/don't pay for.  If money isn't an issue, I'd invest in a good imaging production pack. 

And I should mention, even with all of the best sound effects etc, Imaging isn't as easy as it seems.  Audition is a easy pretty program to learn but tough to master.  Just practice and get comfortable with all of the effects.  Good luck.

Randy. 
Reply #2
« on: August 19, 2008, 07:55:35 PM »
Mad Jack Offline

It may sound crazy, but I enjoy using organic sounds and treating them with effects and mixing other sounds. Lucas used alot of organic sound in Star Wars and the BBC Radiophonic Workshop did some brilliant things with everyday items. Blasters in Star Wars were done by putting a mic to a high tension cable and flicking the cable... giving that echo shot sound. You might be surprised what you can do with the facilities in Adobe using sounds available to you.
just an idea,
Jack smiley
Reply #3
« on: September 10, 2008, 12:21:04 AM »
Remathau Offline

Try looping your favorite 80's/90's song and using it as a bed while playing around with your vocals.  I like using the the scientific filters and then blending it with some chorus effects.  As far as the quality, I would definetly follow Randy's advice.  Try looking into tmcentury.com.  They have some great image production packages that work really well with radio.  Nothing beats playing around audition and finding what works best for you.

Tony

Islander for life!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: