AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
December 25, 2016, 05:34:52 PM
76464 Posts in 8130 Topics by 2713 Members
Latest Member: Fatzmoko
News:      
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  Radio, TV and Video Production
| | |-+  SOMETHING LIKE AN INSTANT REPLAY?
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Locked Topic Topic: SOMETHING LIKE AN INSTANT REPLAY?  (Read 18954 times)
« on: July 03, 2007, 06:29:47 AM »
Custom DJ Drops Offline
Big City Sound Without THe Big City Price
Affordable Liners And Radio Spots Posts: 67

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows of software that would work like a 360 systems instant replay. Looking to have some sort of HOT KEY sampler on one of our PC'S to store certian sound bites and such.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Boost Your DJ Image - Visit http://www.CustomDJDrops.com
Reply #1
« on: July 03, 2007, 09:05:19 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

I don't know how much it costs, but the best software I've ever seen as a replacement for an Instant Replay is QuickFire - which does a heck of a lot more than the Instant Replay is capable of - although having said that, I rather like the old 360 systems box - solid and dependable, with real  buttons and a naff display...

And don't judge QuickFire from what you can see on the page I linked to. When it's in operation it looks nothing like any of those screenshots at all - you have to try the demo.
Reply #2
« on: July 03, 2007, 05:47:43 PM »
Custom DJ Drops Offline

Thanks Steve I appreciate it.

Reply #3
« on: July 04, 2007, 04:20:46 AM »
Emmett Offline

BSI Stinger is very good, too.  I think it's about $100.

Emmett
Reply #4
« on: July 06, 2007, 08:02:34 PM »
James Lee Offline

check out www.drs2006.com

they have a free cart program, basically a screen of buttons, works well.... and it's FREE!

James Lee

"Life is not tried it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire" - Garth Brooks
Reply #5
« on: July 17, 2007, 07:21:32 PM »
Bobbsy Offline

Another freebie that might be worth looking at is Soundplant ( http://www.soundplant.org/ ).  I've never used the 360 Systems software myself so I can't comment on how the functionality compares (my application is theatre sound effects).

However, what I CAN vouch for is the extreme stability of Soundplant--it just sits there and works, even on a very low spec machine like a P-II 166!  I tend to use it for my annual hell which is British panto...hundreds of random effects per show over a six week run, and not a single hiccup in 5 years of use.

Bobbsy

Good sound is the absence of bad sound.
Reply #6
« on: July 17, 2007, 07:33:04 PM »
Custom DJ Drops Offline

I will check it out. Thanks so much.

Reply #7
« on: July 17, 2007, 07:50:26 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

I've never used the 360 Systems software myself so I can't comment on how the functionality compares (my application is theatre sound effects).

It's hardware - and you'd probably rather like it! SFX is something that it's quite good at. Despite the HD storage, it lives up to its name by virtue of a bank system of 50 hotkeys, and it will store up to 1000 cuts, of any length you choose. At least that's what our one did.

Not cheap, though.
Reply #8
« on: July 17, 2007, 09:26:57 PM »
Wildduck Offline

I always understood that you have to be careful with devices that might be sited beside a microphone. Clicking buttons or whirring hard drives, and maybe fans.

I just throw this in as something else to consider wrt the all-in-one device as opposed to the 'spreadable'  computer option.
Reply #9
« on: July 17, 2007, 10:04:12 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

I always understood that you have to be careful with devices that might be sited beside a microphone. Clicking buttons or whirring hard drives, and maybe fans.

They are actually very quiet compared to what normally goes on in a radio studio. No fan, and they will take an external SCSI drive if you want, which you can easily locate away from anything unduly sensitive. I've always had a soft spot for Instant Replays!
Reply #10
« on: September 24, 2007, 04:58:18 PM »
Craig Jackman Offline

They are actually very quiet compared to what normally goes on in a radio studio. No fan, and they will take an external SCSI drive if you want, which you can easily locate away from anything unduly sensitive. I've always had a soft spot for Instant Replays!

Instant Replay is one of my favorite pieces of hardware.  Silicone buttons means it's click free, and the HD only really whirr's up on startup, after that it's really not so bad.  In terms of live gear, an essential for a lot of things as far as I'm concerned.  Moronically easy to setup and use.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: