Waves plugins Unsupported in Adobe Audition 2.0

(1/1)

JonnyS:
Hi,

I've been trying to get the SSL Waves plugins to work in Adobe Audition 2.0.

I used to run the Gold Package fine as Direct X - since trying to load the SSL effects and failing, all my Waves Direct X effects appear under a section called "unsupported" and the Waves Gold Package ONLY appears under VST...but none of the SSL effects - they only appear in the Direct X which is off the main "Edit" menu in a section titled unsupported and all the effects "greyed out")??

The SSL pack + Gold is authorized to an Ilok and works fine on a Mac/Logic.

Waves.com have been trying to solve it and have had me remove the whole lot - including any Waves registry entries and reloading. You reset Audition - go back in - in edit view select Effects - Enable Direct X - and bang - the same thing happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Jonny

BFM:
Quote from: JonnyS on February 06, 2007, 04:59:15 PM

Hi,

I've been trying to get the SSL Waves plugins to work in Adobe Audition 2.0.

I used to run the Gold Package fine as Direct X - since trying to load the SSL effects and failing, all my Waves Direct X effects appear under a section called "unsupported" and the Waves Gold Package ONLY appears under VST...but none of the SSL effects - they only appear in the Direct X which is off the main "Edit" menu in a section titled unsupported and all the effects "greyed out")??

The SSL pack + Gold is authorized to an Ilok and works fine on a Mac/Logic.

Waves.com have been trying to solve it and have had me remove the whole lot - including any Waves registry entries and reloading. You reset Audition - go back in - in edit view select Effects - Enable Direct X - and bang - the same thing happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Jonny

Well, even though you've re-installed the waves plugins, Audition still remembers how (badly) it installed them before. So I think you have to re-install Audition .. or delete a file that Audition keeps in order to remember the settings of your plugins .. and someone will hopefully tell you what that is because I can't rememeber sorry.

JonnyS:
Thanks - it worked. Uninstalled Adobe and the Reg Entries (instructions from the Adobe site)
Then reinstalled Waves and then Adobe - bingo.

Jonny

richlepage:
If anyone has interest, some of the plugs in the Waves Vocal Bundle will not work with AA2 (nor 1.5).
Waves says they have no plans to support those with AA currently.
Specifically, I think it's Tune and de-breath that don't run with it.  I've used the Platinum bundle however
with both 1.5 and 2.0 and that works.  Before that, ran the Gold bundle with 1.5 with good results.

Glad to know you got the SSL stuff to run with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index