AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
December 18, 2009, 10:08:55 AM
69456 Posts in 7210 Topics by 2070 Members
Latest Member: francois299
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0 & 3.0
| | |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0
| | | |-+  Audition vs Reaper
  « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author
Topic: Audition vs Reaper  (Read 16985 times)
Reply #30
« on: March 26, 2009, 02:18:25 PM »
will_emmerson Offline

I have used audition for about a year. At first I liked its "apparent" easy to use interface. But as time progressed I realised this is not the case. The plugin and vst support is probably the worst i've experienced. I use Guitar rig and philharmonik as well as ez drummer and I just got fed up with trying to use it as a VST through audition. I saw on the net that people recommended "reaper". After downloading this trial, i am AMAZED. This program is so good. Its easy to multitrack, use several vst plugins at once and is exactly what is needed when recording. I dont want to spend more time fiddling with the software than recording. Use reaper, it wins hands down.
Reply #31
« on: March 26, 2009, 08:26:51 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

I have used audition for about a year. At first I liked its "apparent" easy to use interface. But as time progressed I realised this is not the case. The plugin and vst support is probably the worst i've experienced. I use Guitar rig and philharmonik as well as ez drummer and I just got fed up with trying to use it as a VST through audition. I saw on the net that people recommended "reaper". After downloading this trial, i am AMAZED. This program is so good. Its easy to multitrack, use several vst plugins at once and is exactly what is needed when recording. I dont want to spend more time fiddling with the software than recording. Use reaper, it wins hands down.

I don't know about anybody else, but would you trust the judgement of somebody who clearly didn't do the slightest bit of research into what he was buying beforehand? (Making one major assumption there, of course...)

Reply #32
« on: March 27, 2009, 04:14:48 AM »
runaway Offline

To me its the opposite of that Blue Oyster Cult song  grin

Reply #33
« on: March 27, 2009, 06:35:59 AM »
ozpeter Offline

Durin (Adobe staffer) over on the Adobe forums made an interesting remark the other day, to the effect that the midi recording and editing and VSTi support should never have been touted as a midi sequencer.  It is intended to allow people who want to include virtual instruments as part of their recordings, given that these days it's a whole lot more practical to have (say) a midi master keyboard driving a sampled grand piano than to have the real thing (and yes, there is a difference!).  It's not intended to provide, and obviously does not achieve, the level of midi sequencing achieved by other packages where midi is a cornerstone of the whole package.

So as SteveG implies, if you want something with Reaper's functionality (and you don't want what Audition provides and Reaper doesn't) then buy Reaper and not Audition.  Don't go for either till you've used the demo of each for a month.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: