AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
December 15, 2007, 12:44:09 PM
62672 Posts in 6217 Topics by 2168 Members
Latest Member: offTheRecord
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  Radio, TV and Video Production
| | |-+  MINIDISC v CD
  « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author
Topic: MINIDISC v CD  (Read 1964 times)
Reply #15
« on: June 19, 2004, 11:23:50 AM »
BFM Offline

It's perhaps a good opportunity for people to recommend Blank CD brands that are reliable. I use TDK CD-R80. I would never use cheapo brands for a demo!
Reply #16
« on: June 19, 2004, 01:53:06 PM »
Bobbsy Offline

Back on the original topic of the thread, there's a discussion running right now on the Theatre Sound List Server about mini-disk.  According to info there, many of the major manufacturers are reducing or even cutting out their range of non-portable minidisk products.  This seems especially true in the American market.  Portable players and recorder players seem safe for now, but full size decks are getting relatively scarce--consumer ones are practically gone, and at the professional level choice is much smaller.

I've been a minidisk fan for my theatre sound work (though using computer playback for my last few shows has me converted to that medium) but I'd have a serious think about the future of the format if I was planning to invest in gear now.

Bob

Good sound is the absence of bad sound.
Reply #17
« on: June 19, 2004, 04:26:49 PM »
iMediaTouch_Guy Offline

I've used Sony, TDK and Maxell blank MDs of those I like the Sony and Maxell. The actual cases that the MD disks themselves are in seem to be a lot sturdier than the cheaper brands. I have not tried the pro blank MDs yet. I guess I'd better find that bulk case om blank MDs and fast. I also hope the current mD recorder I have doesn't give me any trouble. I like the home decks better than the portables and if I had a choice I would like a pro MD deck, but the format seems doomed for whatever reason. Just my .02 worth.

John R. Jordan, CRO
Jordan Broadcast Services
Reply #18
« on: June 20, 2004, 01:14:44 AM »
ozpeter Offline

The key thing now will be the appearance - or not - of nonportable HiMD hardware.  That's a format which could have a place in professional use, but so far I see signs of only consumer portables being available.  I wonder what HHB will do....
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: