AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
November 10, 2007, 09:48:04 PM
62075 Posts in 6141 Topics by 2108 Members
Latest Member: tbman
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0 & 3.0
| | |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0
| | | |-+  Problems purchasing downloadable upgrade in Europe
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Problems purchasing downloadable upgrade in Europe  (Read 1191 times)
« on: January 17, 2006, 01:46:57 PM »
ryclark Offline

I have been having the same problem as Mark T and Alanfoz. Customer support weren't terribly helpful at the UK number. Just try again later. Not a happy bunny. Sad

Quote from: MarkT
Typical! I try to buy the upgrade and get an error message - they shouldn't announce things until ALL their web sites are updated to handle it!

Quote from: alanofoz
Is your error message something like this?

It is forbidden to create sales documents for product 22011163

And Peter, I also found that link, but it led me to the above error message.  Sad
Reply #1
« on: January 17, 2006, 01:57:43 PM »
pwhodges Offline

If they've taken your money with the wrong VAT calculation that's still shown in their price list, it would be interesting to know how their VAT receipt shows it!

(I presume they supply a VAT receipt - their VAT FAQ shows a marked lack of understanding of VAT regulations.)

Paul
Reply #2
« on: January 18, 2006, 11:52:38 AM »
pwhodges Offline

OK, the VAT calculation is correct I suppose - their explanation is that the download comes from a server in a different country where the VAT rate is higher (21% instead of the UK's 17.5%).

They could at least make this clear on the price list display...

If they served it from a US server, then I guess they could apply the VAT rate of the customer's country - ah well.

Paul
Reply #3
« on: January 18, 2006, 01:07:19 PM »
Andrew Rose Offline

Quote from: pwhodges
OK, the VAT calculation is correct I suppose - their explanation is that the download comes from a server in a different country where the VAT rate is higher (21% instead of the UK's 17.5%).

They could at least make this clear on the price list display...

If they served it from a US server, then I guess they could apply the VAT rate of the customer's country - ah well.

Paul

They could win friends by offering the download from a low-VAT country. My guess is that it's coming out of Ireland...

Reply #4
« on: January 18, 2006, 03:44:25 PM »
Wildduck Offline

It makes absolutely no sense for the download to be more expensive than the boxed version.

Is there not a retailer in Jersey who could buy it wholesale and supply from there, as Tesco has been doing with DVD's?
Reply #5
« on: January 18, 2006, 05:06:52 PM »
ryclark Offline

Thankfully purchasing the downloadable version is now working fine here in the UK.

I did notice that by the time delivery costs have been added to the CD version it then does become more expensive than the download version.
Reply #6
« on: January 18, 2006, 05:12:36 PM »
MarkT Offline

In Norway they don't add VAT on downloads, but then, I didn't get the Loopology stuff either - so I have raised a case with them.

"Having most of the universe in a form of matter you can't see is fairly embarrassing"

Steven Phillips, professor of astronomy at the University of Bristol
Reply #7
« on: January 18, 2006, 05:19:20 PM »
Graeme Offline
Administrator

Quote from: pwhodges

Except that that is not the way VAT is sipposed to work.  It should be applied at the rate applicable to the country where it is purchased.  To be fair, I suppose a lot of this nonsense is down to the fact the Americans simply don't understand VAT, the way we Europeans do, because they don't have it.

Reply #8
« on: January 18, 2006, 05:23:25 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Unless Adobe have entered into an arrangement with the Inland Revenue to collect VAT on UK sales, and pass it back to them (there is a scheme for this), then they can't legally do it. And if they have entered into an agreement, they can't charge VAT at anything other than the correct rate for  the UK, 17.5%.

They really ought to sort this out.

Reply #9
« on: January 18, 2006, 05:36:27 PM »
Aim Day Co Offline

Unless Adobe have entered into an arrangement with the Inland Revenue to collect VAT on UK sales, and pass it back to them (there is a scheme for this), then they can't legally do it. And if they have entered into an agreement, they can't charge VAT at anything other than the correct rate for the UK, 17.5%.

And not only that Steve. We have entered into the new "Flat Rate" system of 9% over £2,000 so how do they work that out on a monthly basis? wink

Let's see how they get round that.

Mark

Reply #10
« on: January 18, 2006, 11:31:38 PM »
Euphony Offline

Quote from: ryclark
Thankfully purchasing the downloadable version is now working fine here in the UK.

I did notice that by the time delivery costs have been added to the CD version it then does become more expensive than the download version.

true - i had to pay $26 in taxes, and $15 for DHL express.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: