AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
November 10, 2007, 09:44:11 PM
62075 Posts in 6141 Topics by 2108 Members
Latest Member: tbman
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0 & 3.0
| | |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0
| | | |-+  Hardware
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Hardware  (Read 1486 times)
« on: January 17, 2006, 05:58:13 PM »
rgarcia82 Offline

I am planning to upgrade to 2.0 in the coming days.  

I am also looking for options to control AA2.0 with an external hardware controller.  (Faders/Knobs etc.

Does anyone know of any units that are compatible with AA2.0 (IE: Mackie/Behringer/Tascam etc.)

Thanks,

-Rob
Reply #1
« on: January 17, 2006, 06:07:04 PM »
Bobbsy Offline

AA2.0 seems to be set to work with Mackie protocols so any controller that can work with those should be fine.  I'm sure people will be confirming compatability with various controllers over the next few days/weeks.

Bob

Good sound is the absence of bad sound.
Reply #2
« on: January 17, 2006, 06:44:22 PM »
VomitGod Offline

With my FW-1884, I can only use in "Mackie Emulation" mode.  Hopefully Adobe/Tascam will provide native support sometime soon!
Reply #3
« on: January 17, 2006, 09:03:13 PM »
noddy Offline

Quote from: VomitGod
With my FW-1884, I can only use in "Mackie Emulation" mode.  Hopefully Adobe/Tascam will provide native support sometime soon!

You're still referring to v1.5 though, right? Not v2.0?

Cheers,
Bruce.
Audio2u
The home of quality podcasts, including "Building the pod (Understanding Adobe Audition)" and "Sine Language", a discussion on all things audio.
Reply #4
« on: January 18, 2006, 01:44:48 AM »
VomitGod Offline

You're still referring to v1.5 though, right? Not v2.0?

I'm referring to 2.0 - in "External Controllers" you have the option of none (!) and Mackie Control.  That's it!
Reply #5
« on: January 18, 2006, 01:19:26 PM »
zemlin Offline

Quote from: VomitGod
I'm referring to 2.0 - in "External Controllers" you have the option of none (!) and Mackie Control.  That's it!
That's good enough for me   evil  I can't wait!

Reply #6
« on: January 18, 2006, 01:48:55 PM »
Jester700 Offline

I don't get why tascam's 428 and 224 aren't natively supported.  They sold a ton of those.  And more importantly, I WANT one.  wink

Jesse Greenawalt
Reply #7
« on: January 18, 2006, 03:13:37 PM »
lpdeluxe Offline

I have used a Syntrillium Red Rover, a Tascam US-428, and now a Mackie Control. The US-428, although it had the potential of audio I/O, was limited by its lack of phantom power and its use of the USB 1.1 protocol. In the event, I used its audio capabilities only to the extent that I ran an S/PDIF from my mixer to the US-428 so I could run another set of monitor speakers with an independent volume control (my audio I/O are handled by a digital mixer with ADAT Lightpipe). Another minor difficulty: the Tascam fried 6 months after expiry of warranty.

The Mackie is worth every penny of its higher price. I am looking forward to using it with the new capabilities of Audition 2.0.

"Digo: 'paciencia, y barajar.'" -- Don Quijote de la Mancha, Part II, Chapter 23
Reply #8
« on: January 18, 2006, 05:14:37 PM »
MusicConductor Offline

Thank you for that recommendation, LP.  I've been eyeing the Mackie Control.  2.0's new features and your comments have helped fuel the fire!
Reply #9
« on: January 18, 2006, 09:19:46 PM »
noddy Offline

Quote from: lpdeluxe
The Mackie is worth every penny of its higher price. I am looking forward to using it with the new capabilities of Audition 2.0.

So, are you just waiting on delivery of the boxed version of v2.0? If so, I for one would love to hear how the Mackie plays with v2.0, when you get it happening. Smiley Care to let us know how smoothly it set up, and then, how the usability is?

Cheers,
Bruce.
Audio2u
The home of quality podcasts, including "Building the pod (Understanding Adobe Audition)" and "Sine Language", a discussion on all things audio.
Reply #10
« on: January 18, 2006, 10:22:26 PM »
lpdeluxe Offline

No, =blush= I'm waiting on the first of next month, when I have a new influx of cash!

I understand that the CD-ROM versions are backordered, anyhow.

In any case, once my system is up and running, I will post the results.

"Digo: 'paciencia, y barajar.'" -- Don Quijote de la Mancha, Part II, Chapter 23
Reply #11
« on: January 19, 2006, 12:29:34 AM »
MMMM Offline

Are the Mackie Onyx mixers compatible with AA2.0?
Reply #12
« on: January 19, 2006, 12:32:45 AM »
ozpeter Offline

I suspect Alanofoz will report on that before long.  I would be very surprised if there were any problems.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: