AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
November 10, 2007, 09:40:40 PM
62075 Posts in 6141 Topics by 2108 Members
Latest Member: tbman
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0 & 3.0
| | |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0
| | | |-+  Not understanding upgrade pricing...?
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Not understanding upgrade pricing...?  (Read 1451 times)
« on: January 17, 2006, 08:55:36 PM »
doogs Offline

Hey,

Not sure if I understand this properly, is upgrading from AA1 or AA1.5 going to be the same $129? If so that makes no sense to me because I already paid $75 when i upgraded to 1.5.... Also are there student discounts for the upgrade?

Thanks

Doogs
Reply #1
« on: January 17, 2006, 08:57:29 PM »
Despised7 Online
Administrator

Quote from: doogs
Hey,

Not sure if I understand this properly, is upgrading from AA1 or AA1.5 going to be the same $129? If so that makes no sense to me because I already paid $75 when i upgraded to 1.5.... Also are there student discounts for the upgrade?

Thanks

Doogs

I know what you mean, I just upgraded to 1.5 in November.  But it looks like only those who bought 1.5 in January get a free upgrade.  I don't want a free upgrade myself, but it would be nice to have a discount.  I sincerly doubt it though.

Reply #2
« on: January 17, 2006, 09:34:28 PM »
ozpeter Offline

I've had similar experiences with other packages where you do wonder whether the upgrade pricing is entirely fair to regular upgraders.  But then I once benefitted from a Cubase upgrade offer where it was available in respect of any previous version - and mine was five years old... so, you win some, you lose some.
Reply #3
« on: January 17, 2006, 10:03:55 PM »
zemlin Offline

Quote from: ozpeter
you win some, you lose some.
A few times in the past I've done quite nicely upgrading old software that I bought for a song.  In general, I usually skip a version or two on my upgrades just for this reason. Audition, however, is not getting skipped - at least not this time.

Reply #4
« on: January 17, 2006, 10:24:23 PM »
doogs Offline

yeah even though my main host is Tracktion, I do want to get AA up to speed, and use it for many things

Doogs
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: