AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
November 10, 2007, 09:51:10 PM
62075 Posts in 6141 Topics by 2108 Members
Latest Member: tbman
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0 & 3.0
| | |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0
| | | |-+  Mixdowns
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Mixdowns  (Read 1201 times)
« on: January 18, 2006, 01:51:25 AM »
rgarcia82 Offline

Yikes...

May apologies for all the questions.

So - How in the world do you "mixdown" a finished multitrack session.  In AA1.5 I would just go to "edit>mixdown to file>all waves" or "X" was the shortcut key.

All I see now is "file>export>audio mix down"

Then it asks me for all these options like saving etc.  Am I no longer able to just hit "Mixdown" and have it pop into the edit window like AA1.5 - Then I can modify that finished stereo track some more in the edit window and save when ready.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

-Rob
Reply #1
« on: January 18, 2006, 01:55:37 AM »
ozpeter Offline

That's the way it works now.  The advantage is that there's no separate "save" stage required, which is often going to be a timesaver.  There's some handy new options in the new Export dialog - in fact it's really about as flexible as possible.  And I've forgotten what I was going to say next.

On the Adobe AA2.0 forum FAQs I've posted a "translation table" in pdf form to help users find where in the new menu structure they can find commands they knew in AA1.5, btw.
Reply #2
« on: January 18, 2006, 01:57:17 AM »
Despised7 Offline
Administrator

Quote from: ozpeter
On the Adobe AA2.0 forum FAQs I've posted a "translation table" in pdf form to help users find where in the new menu structure they can find commands they knew in AA1.5, btw.

I downloaded and read those earlier today.  Much appreciated.

Reply #3
« on: January 18, 2006, 01:57:24 AM »
rgarcia82 Offline

Any idea how to get my effects pre-sets that I set up in AA1.5 into AA2.0

Thanks,

-Rob
Reply #4
« on: January 18, 2006, 02:13:12 AM »
ozpeter Offline

Have you tried the old trick of dragging the 1.5 Audition.ini file onto the 2.0 icon or program?
Reply #5
« on: January 18, 2006, 02:18:09 AM »
rgarcia82 Offline

Is that something that is done in the registry - Were can I find this "AA1.5 audition.ini" File

-Rob
Reply #6
« on: January 18, 2006, 02:31:05 AM »
ozpeter Offline

Rob - hold fire on this for a while, would you?  I'm trying a few things here and I'm not sure that the advice to drag the audition.ini file is good advice.

Watch this space....
Reply #7
« on: January 18, 2006, 04:03:12 AM »
joseph Offline

That's the way it works now.  The advantage is that there's no separate "save" stage required, which is often going to be a timesaver.

This new way of mixing down is slowing me down..adding three unnecessary steps. I liked being able to mix down ads straight to a waveform in edit view, finish putting the polish on, then save from there.  I'm really quite annoyed about this. huh Maybe the company I work for does things differently to everyone else or something.. but to me feature removal = bad idea.

Okay.. I after fiddling a bit more I see the point. But, if I save to mp3 and tell it then open it in edit view - then I resave.. I'm losing a generation.  shocked
Reply #8
« on: January 18, 2006, 10:40:29 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Quote from: joseph
That's the way it works now.  The advantage is that there's no separate "save" stage required, which is often going to be a timesaver.

This new way of mixing down is slowing me down..adding three unnecessary steps. I liked being able to mix down ads straight to a waveform in edit view, finish putting the polish on, then save from there.  I'm really quite annoyed about this. huh Maybe the company I work for does things differently to everyone else or something.. but to me feature removal = bad idea.

Okay.. I after fiddling a bit more I see the point. But, if I save to mp3 and tell it then open it in edit view - then I resave.. I'm losing a generation.  shocked

See the sticky thread about this... (I'll do it in a minute).

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: