AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
November 10, 2007, 09:49:56 PM
62075 Posts in 6141 Topics by 2108 Members
Latest Member: tbman
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0 & 3.0
| | |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0
| | | |-+  Unused Recorded Clips
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Unused Recorded Clips  (Read 747 times)
« on: January 19, 2006, 04:40:29 PM »
Despised7 Offline
Administrator

Last night I did some test recording.  I ended up recording about 53 takes, and decided to only keep/use only 5 of them.  Is there an easy way to remove the unwanted clips from the hard-drive?

Reply #1
« on: January 19, 2006, 05:10:38 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

You could explore the possibilities of the Bridge for this, I suppose. One nice thing it does is let you batch-rename files, as well as delete them. If you select all of the files you want to rename, including the .pk ones, it will get all the extensions correct too.

Personally, I don't have a huge amount of use for it, but it does enable you to  alter files and metadata around from outside the program.

Reply #2
« on: January 19, 2006, 05:13:45 PM »
zemlin Offline

Can you save the entire session to a new folder (backup?) to get only the session and the used WAV files - then just delete the original folder (or everything in it).

I don't have 2.0, so I'm just guessing.

Reply #3
« on: January 19, 2006, 05:31:13 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Yes, I think that you could do that too. In that sense, nothing has really altered - this is just Windows file manipulation we are playing with.

Reply #4
« on: January 19, 2006, 05:40:42 PM »
Despised7 Offline
Administrator

Quote from: zemlin
Can you save the entire session to a new folder (backup?) to get only the session and the used WAV files - then just delete the original folder (or everything in it).

I don't have 2.0, so I'm just guessing.

Yeah, that seems to be the fastest way.  The only difference is that the copied wavs are placed in the same folder as the .ses file.  The original session places the recordings in a folder titled "session_Recorded".  I don't think that I would regularly want to delete all the alternate takes since it's nice to have options.  But it's good to know that it can easily be done.  And actually, I think a while ago I posted that exact same answer as Zemlin's to a new member.  ha!  Duh!   embarassed

It's nice knowing that we have a new Bridge to cross!
(ahhh...come on, you guys knew somebody would say something stupid like that!)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: