AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
November 10, 2007, 09:40:24 PM
62075 Posts in 6141 Topics by 2108 Members
Latest Member: tbman
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0 & 3.0
| | |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0
| | | |-+  ASIO drivers with Adobe 2.0 and Delta 1010
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: ASIO drivers with Adobe 2.0 and Delta 1010  (Read 622 times)
« on: January 20, 2006, 03:23:18 AM »
clothesburner626 Offline

I don't have it yet so.... how easy is it going to be to set up Audition to use ASIO drivers?
Reply #1
« on: January 20, 2006, 03:53:48 AM »
Despised7 Online
Administrator

It's as easy as selecting the ASIO driver from a drop-down menu!

Reply #2
« on: January 20, 2006, 03:57:07 AM »
ozpeter Offline

You select the driver from a list in the setup dialog and that's about it.

The soundcard's inputs and outputs are then available for selection beside each track or at the top and bottom of each channel strip.

As you now have ASIO direct monitoring available you should be able to manage without most of what the soundcards' mixer app provides - and some of these seem to be as friendly as a gang of cornered hungry rats.

With Cubase SX3 for live location recording work I have found it necessary to spend quite some time before leaving home doing the setup on the laptop to accomplish the routing of the inputs & outputs.  Now with AA2.0 it's a non issue - perfectly safe to leave it till I'm there.

The functional simplicity of AA2.0 - while highly customisable both in terms of the interface and the mixer routing - is one of its great strengths.  Not much recourse to the manual required - but it's very clear when you do.
Reply #3
« on: January 20, 2006, 01:18:01 PM »
noddy Offline

Clothesburner, to allay your fears, I am running v2.0 with a Delta 1010.
And there has never been an issue, even when we were 10 beta builds back before the official release. Fear not! Smiley

Cheers,
Bruce.
Audio2u
The home of quality podcasts, including "Building the pod (Understanding Adobe Audition)" and "Sine Language", a discussion on all things audio.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: