AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
November 10, 2007, 09:41:09 PM
62075 Posts in 6141 Topics by 2108 Members
Latest Member: tbman
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0 & 3.0
| | |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0
| | | |-+  Detailed manual for downloaded AA 2.0?
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Detailed manual for downloaded AA 2.0?  (Read 1005 times)
« on: January 21, 2006, 12:29:15 AM »
Jorge_ Offline

Hi,
AA 1.0 and 1.5 had excellent detailed manuals. I just downloaded AA 2.0 and don't see a manual. The help files do not have the level of detail that the earlier manuals had. Is there a detailed manual (either hard copy or pdf) for 2.0? If so, is there any way to get one with the downloaded version of AA 2.0?
Reply #1
« on: January 21, 2006, 12:41:24 AM »
ozpeter Offline

I'm surprised at your comment about the help files - my view is that they stand head and shoulders above those in previous versions.

The manual should be among the downloaded material - someone else who has done it will tell you how to access it I'm sure - but I believe it's the same as the help file.
Reply #2
« on: January 21, 2006, 12:58:41 AM »
Jorge_ Offline

I was not comparing the new help files with help files of previous versions of AA. I am looking for the manual, not the help files. The book manuals with previous versions were much more detailed than the help files in AA 2.0. Did I miss something in the download? I do not find any manual either in the program or among the tutorials I downloaded from the website. Does the boxed version come with a book manual?
Reply #3
« on: January 21, 2006, 01:18:38 AM »
ozpeter Offline

The pdf version of the manual seems to be identical to the help file.

We'll have to wait for someone who downloaded the program to spell out where to find it.

I'm 90% sure that the Audition 1.5 printed manual was the same as the help file too.  I'm looking at it now and can't see any differences.

Edit - Ah, I see that's not what you are saying.  But put it this way - the AA2.0 manual is 2 pages shorter than the AA1.5 manual, and in both cases the manual and the help files have the same content.  I just don't see where you are getting the impression that the new one is much more short of detail.
Reply #4
« on: January 21, 2006, 02:49:01 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Quote from: ozpeter

I'm 90% sure that the Audition 1.5 printed manual was the same as the help file too.  I'm looking at it now and can't see any differences.

I'm just about 100% sure - they both have the same mistakes!

(You may recall that little spell-checker gem about bustle and butterscotch filters... a check reveals that there is a remarkable degree of similarity about the page in both versions - but the spelling mistake is fixed in 2.0's help file.)

Reply #5
« on: January 21, 2006, 04:53:34 AM »
Jorge_ Offline

Ozpeter and Steve, I think you are right. Maybe I am just too old and set in my ways, and I still tend to prefer books to hypertext. I found it easier to find information in the AA 1.5 printed manual than the AA 1.5 help files. As a result, I think I unfairly concluded that the printed 1.5 manual was more detailed than the help files. In response to your comments, I have compared the 1.5 manual and help files and agree that they are identical for the examples I chose. In most cases, however, I found it easier to use the 1.5 manual.

The 2.0 help files seem more user friendly and better organized than the 1.5 help files (closer in format to a book index!). If the 2.0 manual is available in pdf format, that would be helpful, so old dogs like me can print it out and not have to learn too many new tricks. Thanks.
Reply #6
« on: January 21, 2006, 09:57:24 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Quote from: Jorge_

If the 2.0 manual is available in pdf format, that would be helpful, so old dogs like me can print it out and not have to learn too many new tricks. Thanks.

I daresay that in the fullness of time, it will be.

Reply #7
« on: January 21, 2006, 05:26:52 PM »
ryclark Offline

I have just spotted a reply on the Adobe forum saying that a .pdf manual is included with the download version. However it isn't in the Audition 2 folder in Program Files/Adobe. I have searched and found it hidden away in the Adobe Audition folder on the system C:/ drive made when the installer unpacks the installation files. Not obvious.
Reply #8
« on: January 21, 2006, 05:32:46 PM »
Despised7 Online
Administrator

If you don't change anything about the installation it puts it under "c:\Adobe Audition\English\Documentation".

There's also Dutch, Spanish, French, Italian, and Japenese versions.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: