AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
November 10, 2007, 09:50:28 PM
62075 Posts in 6141 Topics by 2108 Members
Latest Member: tbman
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0 & 3.0
| | |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0
| | | |-+  A couple of questions.
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: A couple of questions.  (Read 638 times)
« on: January 21, 2006, 11:29:38 AM »
charliebrown Offline

1.  I notice our friends in the USA are able to purchase the upgrade boxed version of AA 2.0 for a mere $129 (£73 at current exchange rates) from Amazon.com.  

As a very mean Scotsman why are we having to pay £105 for the same boxed version.  Sad

2.  Are the loops in the boxed version of AA2.0 new loops or the same as in AA1.5.  smiley

Charlie
Reply #1
« on: January 21, 2006, 11:53:45 AM »
ozpeter Offline

The first one indicates that Adobe price for local markets.  I can see the sense of that from Adobe's point of view, and I can see the irksomeness of that from the customer's point of view.  Happens much the same with cars, I believe...

Second - "The bulk of the new Loopology DVD is the 32-bit WAV sources for the compressed loops that came with Audition 1.5. In addition, there are several hundred loops and sessions that weren't included previously. It may or may not be well-known that the PCM WAV format can contain looping and tempo metadata for the files. By moving these to DVD, it gave Adobe the space needed to offer the uncompressed files, as well as the extras they were unable to pack onto the old CD."
Reply #2
« on: January 21, 2006, 03:30:33 PM »
clothesburner626 Offline

Quote from: charliebrown
1.  I notice our friends in the USA are able to purchase the upgrade boxed version of AA 2.0 for a mere $129 (£73 at current exchange rates) from Amazon.com.  

As a very mean Scotsman why are we having to pay £105 for the same boxed version.  Sad

2.  Are the loops in the boxed version of AA2.0 new loops or the same as in AA1.5.  smiley

Charlie

What does E105 equal in US terms?  Just curious.  Is the upgrade the same or are the specs a little different for your neck of the woods.  Thanks!!!
Reply #3
« on: January 21, 2006, 06:04:27 PM »
charliebrown Offline

£105 (GBP's) = $186

I assume specs are the same.

Charlie
Reply #4
« on: January 21, 2006, 06:09:31 PM »
djwayne Offline

Well with tax & shipping I was around $154 here in the states....and after going thru the tryout version, I'd say it's a great price and it's not worth squabbling over a few bucks. The program is great.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: