AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
December 13, 2007, 09:08:21 PM
62643 Posts in 6214 Topics by 2166 Members
Latest Member: bOGART
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0 & 3.0
| | |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0
| | | |-+  Where did my tools go?
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Where did my tools go?  (Read 1475 times)
« on: January 26, 2006, 09:56:49 AM »
assimunch Offline

I'm trying the tryout version at the moment and the first thing i noticed was the tools are gone!!!
This is not a good sign for me who has been using this program since the CEP 1.0

I mean these tools:
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/5623/aa1529yb.gif
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2317/aa1513vx.gif

I use them all the time when working with my stuff and if i cant get them back, i have to pass this new version.

So, is there a way to enable them?

Another thing that gives me headache is the new theme. Where can i change it back to more "not naive"?
Reply #1
« on: January 26, 2006, 10:31:17 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Quote from: assimunch

So, is there a way to enable them?

No. they're gone.

Another thing that gives me headache is the new theme. Where can i change it back to more "not naive"?

You can't - but you can turn the overall brightness of the display down somewhat in Edit>Preferences>Colors.

Overall, this is called 'progress'. You can either adapt to a new way of working, or if you prefer, stick with the one you've got. The new version as it stands is clearly not going to be for everybody, and it may not be for you.

Reply #2
« on: January 26, 2006, 10:52:55 AM »
ozpeter Offline

They're gone indeed - unless you turn them on with view > shortcut bar.
Reply #3
« on: January 26, 2006, 11:14:48 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Quote from: ozpeter

Hehe! Forgot about that!  embarassed

Reply #4
« on: January 26, 2006, 11:23:03 AM »
ozpeter Offline

I think I know what would account for that little slip... wink
Reply #5
« on: January 26, 2006, 11:42:17 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Perhaps. That I never use the damn things may have more than a little to do with it, though...

Reply #6
« on: January 26, 2006, 12:34:21 PM »
clothesburner626 Offline

Quote from: SteveG

Perhaps. That I never use the damn things may have more than a little to do with it, though...

What good are the tools without cut and split!!!?
Reply #7
« on: January 26, 2006, 12:58:17 PM »
ozpeter Offline

I think the world is divided into those who can use toolbars and those who can't - I can never remember what the little pictures are supposed to mean, but keyboard shortcuts for me become instinctive in no time.
Reply #8
« on: January 26, 2006, 01:36:57 PM »
PQ Offline

I use the toolbars often, and they became instictive for me over years. But now I have a little trouble because icons changed in 2.0 and my insticts are sometimes confused.

Paweł Kuśmierek
Reply #9
« on: January 26, 2006, 02:08:13 PM »
assimunch Offline

Thanks ozpeter, they really were there!!!! They are lookign a bit confusing tho.

I also noticed one weird thing; some of the effect windows are looking like the program (the new theme) but some of them still have the look like in AA1-1.5. I mean this is not a beta version or anything?

Im a bit  dissapointed in the theme thing tho. This gray look ... hmmm... Maybe in time you get use to it.

Thanks again.

Oh BTW, the topic title, it should say Where DID my tools go? not sis like i typed in the dark  embarassed
Reply #10
« on: January 26, 2006, 07:53:33 PM »
diggum Offline

Quote from: clothesburner626

What good are the tools without cut and split!!!?

They're still there!  Cut is in the EDIT tool group and Split is in the CLIP tool group.
Reply #11
« on: January 27, 2006, 09:32:26 AM »
pwhodges Offline

It's a shame that Adobe have thrown ergonomics out for the sake of style by making the icons on the buttons monochrome until you mouse over them.  This throws away the benefits of colour in helping to distinguish them quickly.  In fact Microsoft, having done this a few years ago, have reversed their policy, so Adobe's new style is already outdated.

Paul
Reply #12
« on: January 27, 2006, 04:51:36 PM »
assimunch Offline

Quote from: pwhodges
It's a shame that Adobe have thrown ergonomics out for the sake of style by making the icons on the buttons monochrome until you mouse over them.  

I agree. I was just gonna say the same. They are really confucing now, when they are all same color and because they are not on the same places (i think), and have newicons.
Not good at all.
Reply #13
« on: February 01, 2006, 01:23:44 AM »
kb Offline

i also agree they are confusing and not nearly as easy to use which i always thought was the main strenth of cool edit/audition?

the transformation is not progress, its backward if it makes people work harder to get the same results without any possitive gains.

kb.
Reply #14
« on: February 01, 2006, 05:28:19 PM »
MusicConductor Offline

Rarely used the buttons so I'm not sure I noticed they were gone.  Keyboard shortcuts rule!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: