AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
December 15, 2007, 12:52:35 PM
62672 Posts in 6217 Topics by 2168 Members
Latest Member: offTheRecord
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  Radio, TV and Video Production
| | |-+  What Do You think of this?
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: What Do You think of this?  (Read 1428 times)
« on: February 01, 2006, 02:19:35 PM »
Best_Producer Offline

I just wanted to see what you guys think of some of the radio spots I did. Please dont just say it was good or bad if its not too much trouble tell me why (Thats my voice and me putting the spot together.)
Reply #1
« on: February 02, 2006, 01:26:11 AM »
BFM Offline

Hi, I think the feel of the spot is right, you're keeping it real. The music is not quite right though, I mean that the music is not getting across the message in the read, it sounds flat, dead, shoved to the back, out of the way, and I would do the opposite. I would use the music to re-inforce what you're talking about. I can't quite make out whether your accent is real American or put-on American or Caribbean, the accent sounds a little odd to me.
Reply #2
« on: February 02, 2006, 02:22:48 PM »
Best_Producer Offline

Thanks For your responce. I am American im from North Carolina which is right in the middle of the East Coast.  And here the way you speek depends on who you hang around. I speek a Country Hip-Hop slang it sounds odd to people thats not use to it. Again Thanks For your help!
Reply #3
« on: February 02, 2006, 02:37:14 PM »
iMediaTouch_Guy Offline

Quote from: Best_Producer
Thanks For your responce. I am American im from North Carolina which is right in the middle of the East Coast.  And here the way you speek depends on who you hang around. I speek a Country Hip-Hop slang it sounds odd to people thats not use to it. Again Thanks For your help!

You wouldn't happen to be a First Media Radio employee? If so then that's cool because so am I. I see you're just up the road from me. I think the voice sounds familiar. It sounds good, but as BFM said the music isn't quite right.

John R. Jordan, CRO
Jordan Broadcast Services
Reply #4
« on: February 02, 2006, 10:39:34 PM »
Hart Offline

NC Represent!!!  

ummm, that's all.  Just wanted to see three North Carolina posts in a row.  I'll be happy to listen and offer my critique when I get to a computer that actually has speakers attached.

Well, now I've listened to it.  Agree with Bernie, bring the music up front some.  

Also, I think your energy is great at the beginning and the end.  I feel like you lose it some when you get to the part about calling Cliff at "his and hers" car wash.  

Hope this helps.
Reply #5
« on: February 03, 2006, 08:58:40 PM »
MartysProduction_dot_com Offline

OK ask and you shall receive....here is Marty's two cents worth.

Best Producer,

When I listened to the commercial to the end I was left "hanging".  This spot should have been very energetic.  When I say "talent search", what do you think of?  10 years ago it was "Star Search" now its American Idol.  Now your talent search may be different from Amercian Idol, maybe not.  Either way think about the excitement you feel/see on TV when you hear the words Amercian Idol.  Personally I would have chosen some completely different music, still urban if thats the audience, but WAY more upbeat.  Your read was well done, except it matched the music.  If I had to guess I d say you picked the music then voiced the spot.  Wrong.  Chose your elements first, most of the time if you choose wisely THEY will give you forward momentum.  Forward momentum is very very important...this is what makes you want more when you are done playing the spot/commerial.  This isnt a BAD spot, but you wanted to know what I thought would make it better.  Know that ol saying?  "You get more bees with sugar than you do with vinegar"  Add some sugar and youll be all set!  I hope this helps!  BTW  Greensboro is da hoooooouse!

Smiles,

Marty Mitchell, CENM
Chief Executive Noize Maker
www.MartysProduction.com
The BEST Noize You'll Ever Hear!™
Reply #6
« on: February 05, 2006, 02:24:51 AM »
Best_Producer Offline

Thanks For All You Guys help. Let's See about this Gospel Concert I did I month or so back (as you see I get the hard stuff). Let me know what u think.
Reply #7
« on: February 05, 2006, 10:45:23 AM »
BFM Offline

I'm really straining to understand what you're saying in this one. It's the accent I guess, and I would bear this in mind when we're prospecting for work outside your state and overseas.
Reply #8
« on: February 06, 2006, 02:14:17 PM »
Hart Offline

Being from just down the road I didn't have any problems understanding you, but Bernie does make a valid point.

I think it's okay.  Nothing wrong with it but I wouldn't put it on a demo.
Reply #9
« on: February 07, 2006, 04:50:46 AM »
Best_Producer Offline

I understand what he is saying. Thanks for all of you guys help   Smiley
I need a good honest opinion sometimes.
Reply #10
« on: February 07, 2006, 12:46:30 PM »
Hart Offline

we all do.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: