AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
November 11, 2007, 12:17:50 PM
62078 Posts in 6141 Topics by 2109 Members
Latest Member: electron
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0 & 3.0
| | |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0
| | | |-+  Audition 2.0 Stickies
| | | | |-+  Changing the Windows Record Mixer setting
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Sticky Topic Topic: Changing the Windows Record Mixer setting  (Read 1476 times)
« on: July 18, 2006, 10:11:47 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

If you want to change the location that Options>Windows Record Mixer points to, here are the instructions for doing this.

You need to edit the Audition_settings.xml file. Initially, you need to make sure that Audition isn't running before you do this, and you need to know exactly what the full path to your preferred mixer applet is. Then you need to locate the XML file, which will be in

C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Adobe\Audition\2.0[/list:u][/color]and open it in an editor. If you have already got custom settings in Audition, it's a good idea to make a backup copy of the file first, just in case anything goes wrong, and you want to restore them. If you haven't, it doesn't really matter because all you would have to do in the event of getting it wrong would be to delete the file, because Audition would then automatically restore the default version.

Now you need to search in the file for the term 'Mixer2', which is pretty near the end of it. You will find a line that says
<KeyVal Key="Mixer2" Type="String">{the Windows mixer path}</KeyVal> [/list:u][/color]
and you need to replace the Windows mixer path with the path to your own mixer applet.

As an example, my Motu Traveler mixer applet is entered as:
<KeyVal Key="Mixer2" Type="String">C:\Program Files\MOTU\Audio\MOTU CueMix Console.exe</KeyVal>[/list:u][/color]
Now save the file, and restart Audition, and the recording mixer menu item should start the correct mixer app.

Reply #1
« on: July 18, 2006, 04:51:17 PM »
Aim Day Co Offline

Cheers for that Steve. I might sound a bit naive but is there a benefit to this process. I use the Echo Layla 3G. Will this mixer come into Audition or something?

Mark

Reply #2
« on: July 18, 2006, 05:19:31 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

If you have Audition full-screen it will place the mixer on top of it for as long as you want it there. For anybody who has a mixer applet in their quick-launch toolbar, I wouldn't say that there was that much of an advantage to this. It is more advantageous with the Windows Record Mixer though, because this doesn't ever open directly from quicklaunch; it defaults to the play mixer.

It would possibly be useful to be able to assign a keystroke to this function as well, but at present this isn't possible.

Reply #3
« on: July 18, 2006, 06:35:58 PM »
pwhodges Offline

Quote from: SteveG
It is more advantageous with the Windows Record Mixer though, because this doesn't ever open directly from quicklaunch; it defaults to the play mixer.

Pah!  Just copy the shortcut for the play mixer and add " /record" to the command.

Paul
Reply #4
« on: July 18, 2006, 07:22:18 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Quote from: pwhodges

Pah!  Just copy the shortcut for the play mixer and add " /record" to the command.
In the quicklaunch toolbar? Whilst I'm sure that's possible, I've never attempted to do that, because I don't use it at all. I know that if you have it as a shortcut on the desktop, you only need -r at the end, but that's not much use if Audition is maximised.

Reply #5
« on: July 18, 2006, 07:25:29 PM »
Aim Day Co Offline

Congratulations Mark on your 600th Post cheesy

Thanks Steve for the clarification. It's just, I love fiddling with things but I don't think I'll need this.

Mark

Reply #6
« on: July 18, 2006, 09:53:15 PM »
pwhodges Offline

In the quicklaunch toolbar?

They're just shortcuts like any other.  You may not want to do it, but it's easy for those who do.

Paul
Reply #7
« on: July 18, 2006, 11:42:32 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Quote from: pwhodges
In the quicklaunch toolbar?

They're just shortcuts like any other.  You may not want to do it, but it's easy for those who do.

Yes, having thought about it, it's easy enough if you put it specifically there. I was actually thinking about the part to the right of this where the clock is - that's where it was last time I had it displayed on a machine. How do you control this area? I've never tried to.

Reply #8
« on: July 19, 2006, 08:18:16 AM »
pwhodges Offline

I was actually thinking about the part to the right of this where the clock is - that's where it was last time I had it displayed on a machine. How do you control this area? I've never tried to.

That's an area that programs can put icons - it's not available any other way.  So when you tick the "place volume icon in taskbar" box in the control panel sound applet, the program knows to do it.

Paul
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: