AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
December 15, 2007, 08:28:57 AM
62671 Posts in 6217 Topics by 2168 Members
Latest Member: offTheRecord
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  Radio, TV and Video Production
| | |-+  Would you mind giving it a listen?
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Would you mind giving it a listen?  (Read 962 times)
« on: November 26, 2006, 02:58:23 AM »
alesh Offline

Hello Everybody, Im new here, I work as a production assistant at a radio station here in mexico, but im also starting a production company mainly focused to the production of podcasts and commercial radio spots and promos. I have been reading a bunch of the topics and i can tell that some real pros hang around here, actually audio vault guy, i used to listen to you in mix 101.5 when i lived in NC hahaha. anyway, im gonna attach some  of my work, its in spanish but you know, just focus on the production value and please tell me what you think. Thanks! Alesh

-Alesh-
Reply #1
« on: November 26, 2006, 11:23:16 AM »
BFM Offline

Hi Alesh, your work is very creative. If you're looking for ways to improve it, you will acheive it by tightening-up all the events. That is, do not leave any gaps between speech and fx. In jingle terms you can still get a bus between the speech and fx  grin. You have to be a bit more ruthless with the editing until you can't get even a hair between the parts. When you do this you will notice the pace will also be faster and have the right sort of impact you're after.

Buena suerte mano.
Reply #2
« on: November 26, 2006, 03:17:41 PM »
Jowillie Offline

BFM is right. If you are multi-tracking, start your next element a half beat under the last beat of the previous element. Then tighten up the vocal as he says and you are cooking.
Reply #3
« on: November 26, 2006, 11:30:43 PM »
alesh Offline

Thanks a lot guys, its always great to have someone give you their opinion, small details that i hadnīt noticed can make a huge difference. Bernie, you seem like a really wise person, it would be great if you could keep giving me advice.  I will tighten up my productions, you are right. grin

-Alesh-
Reply #4
« on: November 26, 2006, 11:48:13 PM »
alesh Offline

Hey! I thought I would upload some more of my work and see what you guys think, these are some IDīS I was asked to do for a pop station owned by the same media group im working for, what do you guys think?   rolleyes

-Alesh-
Reply #5
« on: November 27, 2006, 11:52:39 AM »
BFM Offline

Alesh, the productions are nice .. too "nice" if you know what I mean. Although the production elements are mostly up-to-date there is a feeling of "MOR nice" dragging it down and pulling it back. The cause is the style of voice-over. The voice-over needs to be energetic, exciting and a bit aggressive for this style of imaging, and again edit the whole thing a lot more tight.

Te he grabado unas palabritas y por favor usalo si quiere.
I have recorded a few bits for you, use them if you wish.

Bernie.
Reply #6
« on: November 28, 2006, 05:04:28 AM »
alesh Offline

Bernie: Thank you so much for taking the time to record these audios for me, that was really thoughtful. Your voice is fantastic and the recording quality is crisp! What kind of equipment do you have in your studio? Oh and also... tu espaņol es muy bueno amigo! I was amazed! Anyway, I put together a 30 second promo using the voice you recorded and trying to stick to the pointers youīve given me. What do you think?

-Alesh-
Reply #7
« on: November 28, 2006, 01:20:06 PM »
BFM Offline

Thanks and glad it was useful Alesh. The crispness is down to my RODE NT 1-A mic (I think), and very moderate EQ-mastering.
Bernie.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: