AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
January 03, 2012, 08:00:55 AM
73695 Posts in 7759 Topics by 2585 Members
Latest Member: achowdhury
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Forum Topics
| |-+  Forum Suggestions/Remarks
| | |-+  Adobe forum threads
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Adobe forum threads  (Read 6832 times)
« on: September 05, 2010, 07:35:11 PM »
dobro Offline

Steve, I remember you saying that the threads in the Adobe Forum aren't archived, but rather the oldest threads just get dumped as new material accumulates, is that right?

If so, how possible would it be to get that stuff saved here?
Reply #1
« on: September 05, 2010, 10:58:38 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Steve, I remember you saying that the threads in the Adobe Forum isn't archived, but rather the oldest threads just get dumped as new material accumulates, is that right?

They seem to drop off the bottom so that there are around 2000-ish threads in the main forum at any given time. At present there are 2085, but I think that there are a few threads set not to drop off from the forum's previous incarnation, which ups the total a bit.

If so, how possible would it be to get that stuff saved here?

Too difficult to even contemplate, I'm afraid. It was okay with the FAQ's, because the two majority copyright holders gifted the lot to AudioMasters (and we have given anybody else involved the right of veto, but nobody's taken it), but with general threads, we can't really do that. And anyway, I'm pretty sure that Adobe would take a dim view of it.

Is there really anything that magic in those threads that couldn't be replicated here anyway?

Reply #2
« on: September 06, 2010, 12:22:13 AM »
dobro Offline

No, nothing that magic, and I like the two sites existing - it gives me the illusion of a backup.  grin

Sometimes I wish it weren't two sites, though.  I guess Adobe people come over here and keep an eye on what's being said, but one reason I post over there all the time is because that's a *public* forum and I think Adobe cares what it looks like.
Reply #3
« on: September 09, 2010, 05:31:40 PM »
MusicConductor Offline

If Adobe cared what it looks like, they wouldn't allow the experience to be the unmitigated disaster that I ranted about repeatedly in the "Imminent Forum Demise" thread.  Although some of the details are better than they were initially, it's still dreadfully slow, contains errors, and forces me to log in every time I want to post.  Which I don't anymore. 

So all the more reason to put on our friendliest faces and welcome people here who want to really discuss stuff in a good way.
Reply #4
« on: September 09, 2010, 09:21:00 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

"Imminent Forum Demise" thread. 
Hmm... I haven't looked at that recently. Is it still the most-read thread on the forum, or has Suite Spot's slightly more helpful one caught up?

Reply #5
« on: September 10, 2010, 07:22:30 PM »
runaway Offline

Hmm... I haven't looked at that recently. Is it still the most-read thread on the forum, or has Suite Spot's slightly more helpful one caught up?

Don't know but I thought I'd better update it just in case  evil

Reply #6
« on: September 10, 2010, 07:31:32 PM »
MusicConductor Offline

Very funny!  So Steve, you're going to make me go find it?  Fine, then.  Suite's thread has 11.3K reads (today), the "for When the Adobe Audition 4" thread is at 13K, and "Imminent" is buried all the way over on page 7 at 15.8K.  For what it's worth!

tongue
Reply #7
« on: October 19, 2010, 10:14:41 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

...and forces me to log in every time I want to post.  Which I don't anymore.
Yes, it will do that unless you let it set a cookie...

*The spambot pradap doesn't exist any more.

Reply #8
« on: October 21, 2010, 04:18:52 AM »
MusicConductor Offline

Steve, that's an unlinked quote from my earlier post, and I have cookies enabled.  There is a problem with my Adobe Forum / ID account that resulted from one of their "upgrades" and forum conversions, which is why my Adobe profile shows my most recent post as being from years ago and my total number of posts being rather far less than what it actually is.  Something schizoid has happened to the profile.

As for the point of our *new member's post above, well, it's probably all about the links.

*The aforementioned spambot
Reply #9
« on: October 21, 2010, 08:20:36 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Steve, that's an unlinked quote from my earlier post
Ah, I should have spotted that. I removed a load of advertising links from the middle of the post, and basically, that means it's spam. So the a$$hole concerned, and that post, will be deleted completely. They are getting more sneaky!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: