AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
November 10, 2007, 09:39:18 PM
62075 Posts in 6141 Topics by 2108 Members
Latest Member: tbman
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0 & 3.0
| | |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0
| | | |-+  Audition 2.0 at last (?)
  « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print
Author
Topic: Audition 2.0 at last (?)  (Read 16881 times)
Reply #180
« on: January 18, 2006, 06:49:45 AM »
ozpeter Offline

Ah... I think what's happening there is that the freebee is an incentive to those who buy the box to register - those who download are automatically registered and so don't need the incentive.  But I can't see why Adobe can't throw it in anyway.  Maybe that would give rise to complaints the other way round.  

What's the deal with the uncompressed loops for those who download - are they part of the standard download, an additional download, or not included for download customers?
Reply #181
« on: January 18, 2006, 07:00:56 AM »
Despised7 Online
Administrator

To be honest, I haven't had THAT much time to actually play with 2.0.  I first had trouble downloading the adobe download manager onto my computer, so I had to contact Adobe to re-enable the link and borrow my brother's pc to download it.  Then it took about 1 hour and half to download the file.  Had to burn the copy to transfer back to my computer and finally got it installed.  I started to play with all the cool new things for about 15 minutes, and eventually moved to mess with my BCR controller when *POOF*.....windows shuts off.  Looks like something on my system caused a major windows system file to end up corrupted.  I don't believe that Audition is to blame.  I've recently installed some rather large software to help my Grandparents set up their address book....  So now I'm at a stand still trying to fix my pc....

Quote from: ozpeter
What's the deal with the uncompressed loops for those who download - are they part of the standard download, an additional download, or not included for download customers?

As far as I can see the uncompressed loops are not offered to those who opt for the electronic delivery.  There is a link to loops....but they are the old loops, as far as I can tell.  At least it takes you to an "Audition 1.5" page.

Looks like I'll be keeping in touch with Adobe.  I'll probably have to ask them to "unactivate" my installation so I can reactivate it as it appears I'll have to perform a complete windows re-install!

Reply #182
« on: January 18, 2006, 09:20:27 AM »
MarkT Offline

This is really bad, after all my trouble with downloading, now I find I can't have the extra loops and I don't get the extra software for registering! Was this said anywhere in the Store? I don't think so, and I really resent this kind of treatment. I must say my opinion of Adobe had gone right down hill!

"Having most of the universe in a form of matter you can't see is fairly embarrassing"

Steven Phillips, professor of astronomy at the University of Bristol
Reply #183
« on: January 18, 2006, 09:30:48 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Woa, hold on a minute. It's a while since I did this, and I may be remembering it incorrectly, but I seem to recall that you now get a registration option at the same time as you get to do the online activation. I can see why this would make sense - there's no point in giving away the freebie just because somebody registered with Adobe just to download the trial version. I think that the logical way for this to work (mind you, that doesn't mean that this is what actually happens...  rolleyes ) would be for you to need a combination of activation and registration before you get to download the freebie.

I don't think that Adobe would give it to you with one hand, and take it away with the other - well, not intentionally, anyway. I think that a little more careful investigation is required here, somehow. Just because it's not 100% perfect from the word go doesn't mean that it won't get fixed.

Reply #184
« on: January 18, 2006, 09:45:38 AM »
MarkT Offline

Steve I  activated, registered, paid, agreed to get emails from them, but no download for the freebie and no DVD's worth of loops.

I agree things are sometimes not perfect from day one, but if Adobe know there is a problem they should put up a message for registered users in the My Account areas. If they don't even know there is a problem then my previous point stands.

The only difference in Norway between the package price and the download price is VAT - so why should I get less?

"Having most of the universe in a form of matter you can't see is fairly embarrassing"

Reply #185
« on: January 18, 2006, 09:49:24 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

FWIW, I don't have the DVD of loops either (well, not yet anyway) so I don't know what the situation with that is, or will be. But I would have thought that a direct question to customer support about the freebie was in order here - they really ought to sort this out.

Reply #186
« on: January 18, 2006, 10:04:36 AM »
MarkT Offline

I shall do that, but in the meant time:...
I have played a tiny amount with AA 2.0 and I like what I have seen a lot. I play guitar through Gitar Rig, and with it wrapped as a DX effect I can listen to the effect while I play..and still record it flat so I can change it later! It's almost worth it for that alone!

Reply #187
« on: January 18, 2006, 10:24:20 AM »
MarkT Offline

Well, I just had a long chat with a very pleasant Dutch guy, who couldn't understad why I hadn't got a link to the fre compressor, and why I didn't get the loopology files when I have paid the same for the upgrade.

Now let's see if anything happens! Smiley

Reply #188
« on: January 18, 2006, 11:46:05 AM »
zemlin Offline

My experience has always been that when the word "optional" is used with a feature it means there's extra $$$ required to get it.  I'm not expecting gigabytes of loops in the box, rather an opportunity to buy them.

I could be wrong, but that's my expectation.

Reply #189
« on: January 18, 2006, 03:38:37 PM »
VomitGod Offline

FYI, I haven't tried it yet, but I always save purchase confirmations, etc. in HTML format, and when I reload my download AA 2.0 purchase confirm, there is a link towards the bottom of the page to download "additional content".  I'm not sure if that's for the loop content, etc. (I never use such things), but assuming the link still works since I purchased AA yesterday AM, I can try it later to discern what that content actually is.
Reply #190
« on: January 18, 2006, 04:51:02 PM »
bonnder Offline

I'm curious if anybody has tried out the transpose pitch function to raise or lower the pitch in the time stretch or pitch bend functions.  In the old versions, the presets were only for half-step increments.  Is that still the case, or can we raise or lower the pitch in cent increments (like we've been able to do forever in Wavlab)?

Just to be clear:  in the old versions of CEP/AA, you could raise or lower the pitch by cents but you had to calculate the ratio yourself.  Does this new version allow us to raise or lower the pitch by cents without us having to first calculate the ratio ourselves?
Reply #191
« on: January 18, 2006, 05:28:01 PM »
Bobbsy Offline

A quick look indicates:

The Pitch changing function under the "stretch" menu appears to work exactly as it did previously.

However, in addition to that, there a VST-based "Pitch Shift" tool which is calibrated in cents and semitones.

I haven't really had a chance to play, but that's the menus!

Bob

Good sound is the absence of bad sound.
Reply #192
« on: January 18, 2006, 06:04:52 PM »
bonnder Offline

Cool.  Looks like the VST-based tool does the calculations for us.  Thanks Bobbsy.
Reply #193
« on: January 19, 2006, 12:03:31 AM »
alanofoz Offline

After trying AA2 for a short time some interesting things have emerged:-

The purpose of audition.ini has changed. The only contents of this file so far on my system relate to the effects in racks 1 to 11 which I haven't explored at all.

The information previously in audition.ini now seems to be split between audition_settings.xml and effect_settings.xml.

Edit: Don't do this next bit - see my next post.
Dragging the old audition.ini to an open AA2 window still migrates your old presets, now to effect_settings.xml. This is a technique I learned from a very early Syntrillium forum, so the facility has been retained for a long time.

Shortly after AA1.5 was released, I reported on the Adobe forum that the mouse behaviour could be very strange if "snap to" was enabled. This was barely noticeable with a single monitor, but could be quite offputting on a dual monitor setup. The problem remained through 2 computers and three different mice, both MS and Logitech. Now fixed.

The interaction between AA2 and the BCF2000 control surface is much smoother. On my system at least, there could be some interference of the faders by the pan control in AA1.5. I previously blamed Behringer, but the new AA code has fixed the problem. I hadn't paid it much attention until now, but the difference is remarkable. If you have a BCF you need AA2.

Cheers,
Alan

Bunyip Bush Band
Reply #194
« on: January 19, 2006, 12:08:47 AM »
Despised7 Online
Administrator

Quote from: alanofoz
The interaction between AA2 and the BCF2000 control surface is much smoother. On my system at least, there could be some interference of the faders by the pan control in AA1.5. I previously blamed Behringer, but the new AA code has fixed the problem. I hadn't paid it much attention until now, but the difference is remarkable. If you have a BCF you need AA2.

Same thing with the BCR.  Volume and panning both seem to function better.  And, of course, playing with the automation this way is a lot of fun!

I would love to figure out how to control scrubbing with one of the encoders.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: