AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
November 10, 2007, 09:43:38 PM
62075 Posts in 6141 Topics by 2108 Members
Latest Member: tbman
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0 & 3.0
| | |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0
| | | |-+  Audition 2.0 at last (?)
  « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print
Author
Topic: Audition 2.0 at last (?)  (Read 16884 times)
Reply #195
« on: January 19, 2006, 12:11:34 AM »
alanofoz Offline

I've just noticed SteveG's reply in this thread and I'm just about to check whether I've lost any presets. I'll let you know.

Edit: Yes, you do lose presets if you use the old migration method. If you do this, just delete effects_settings.xml and restart AA. The default presets came back.

Cheers,
Alan

Bunyip Bush Band
Reply #196
« on: January 19, 2006, 12:28:27 AM »
ozpeter Offline

Yes, Alan, I'm watching this with interest!

You may see among the FAQs on the Adobe site that your map of the BCF with my additions is now hosted there - you are credited in the pdf!  Hope that's ok....

Also among the FAQs there are some comments about the advisability of backing up the "2.0" preferences folder and some sketchy details of what the files therein are - much as posted somewhere here yesterday.
Reply #197
« on: January 19, 2006, 12:29:31 AM »
alanofoz Offline

My original post here was meant to be an edit of my earlier post.  embarassed

Peter, yes, I have seen the modified BCF map and it looks fine. I'm looking forward to trying out your additions.

And in answer to your next post  wink I haven't lost anything - it was all backed up.

Cheers,
Alan

Bunyip Bush Band
Reply #198
« on: January 19, 2006, 12:31:19 AM »
ozpeter Offline

Gulp...  I hope you did the backup... if not, deleting the "2.0' folder will cause it to be regenerated back to the factory defaults, but you might want to back up any end-user workspaces first.
Reply #199
« on: January 19, 2006, 01:27:05 AM »
alanofoz Offline

The preset migration is interesting. If I take audition.ini from AA1.5 and copy sections to files named ozone.ini, filters96.ini, amplitude.ini etc. and drag these to a running AA2 window, all is well. The old & new presets are there.

But if I drag the entire audition.ini, I lose all the factory presets.

I'm proceeding with caution - there must be something in the old audition.ini that AA2 doesn't like. I just haven't found it yet.

Cheers,
Alan

Bunyip Bush Band
Reply #200
« on: January 19, 2006, 01:35:11 AM »
ozpeter Offline

If you drag the whole thing and the over-write happens, but you've backed up the original and you then drag that, do the factory presets get restored without messing up the 1.5 ones you dragged in? - if you follow my thinking?  

I bet you crack this before long... persistence is your middle name, I suspect!
Reply #201
« on: January 19, 2006, 02:12:00 AM »
alanofoz Offline

I removed from audition.ini all but the sections I wanted and dragged it to AA2. I called the new file aud.ini, but I doubt that the file name is relevant. This procedure worked fine. Take care though if you plan to do this.

Cheers,
Alan

Bunyip Bush Band
Reply #202
« on: January 19, 2006, 02:14:18 AM »
ozpeter Offline

Hmm... interesting...
Reply #203
« on: January 19, 2006, 02:14:21 AM »
alanofoz Offline

Quote from: ozpeter
If you drag the whole thing and the over-write happens, but you've backed up the original and you then drag that, do the factory presets get restored without messing up the 1.5 ones you dragged in? - if you follow my thinking?  

I bet you crack this before long... persistence is your middle name, I suspect!

If you drag the AA2 file, i.e. effect_settings.xml, nothing happens that I can see.

Cheers,
Alan

Bunyip Bush Band
Reply #204
« on: January 19, 2006, 08:07:49 AM »
ozpeter Offline

Here I can't get that to work, Alan.  I just created an .ini file with just the old Full Reverb presets in it, and when I drag that into AA2.0 it appears to add the entries, but they do not appear in the AA2.0 Full Reverb presets which remain in 'factory state' - and I closed the program and ran it again to be sure.  Looking at the AA2.0 effect_settings.xml file I can see the AA1.5 entries have been added, but separate from the AA2.0 entries and in a completely different format.

So what did you do to get it to work, I wonder??!
Reply #205
« on: January 19, 2006, 08:33:27 AM »
ozpeter Offline

See Alan's definitive post at http://tinyurl.com/coeg9 about all this - reading that, I can see that he agrees that Audition native presets will largely not transfer by this method.  Hmmm.
Reply #206
« on: January 19, 2006, 09:35:02 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

I just created an .ini file with just the old Full Reverb presets in it, and when I drag that into AA2.0 it appears to add the entries, but they do not appear in the AA2.0 Full Reverb presets which remain in 'factory state' - and I closed the program and ran it again to be sure.  Looking at the AA2.0 effect_settings.xml file I can see the AA1.5 entries have been added, but separate from the AA2.0 entries and in a completely different format.

On a good day, that was what I found too. On a bad day, it was worse - a lot of things disappeared.

Reply #207
« on: January 19, 2006, 10:35:19 AM »
alanofoz Offline

Here I can't get that to work, Alan.  I just created an .ini file with just the old Full Reverb presets in it, and when I drag that into AA2.0 it appears to add the entries, but they do not appear in the AA2.0 Full Reverb presets which remain in 'factory state' - and I closed the program and ran it again to be sure.  Looking at the AA2.0 effect_settings.xml file I can see the AA1.5 entries have been added, but separate from the AA2.0 entries and in a completely different format.

So what did you do to get it to work, I wonder??!

The Full Reverb is one that won't work as it's now a native  VST. The effects that I checked were the iZotope Ozone and the FFT filter. They both worked. Of course, the more I look the more I find that won't work since they've changed to VST.

Cheers,
Alan

Bunyip Bush Band
Reply #208
« on: January 19, 2006, 10:38:15 AM »
alanofoz Offline

Quote from: SteveG

On a good day, that was what I found too. On a bad day, it was worse - a lot of things disappeared.

Yes Steve, I found inconsistencies too, although not to the extent you seem to have done. It's an issue Adobe needs to address.

Cheers,
Alan

Bunyip Bush Band
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: